Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Jazon Mraz

Ui-Seng is standing on a ledge. The two of us are peering through the open window at DuClaw's - our typical method of catching live music at Fells Point bars on summer evenings - tonight, a singer on his acoustic guitar hooked to an amp singing about the Baltimore Skyline.

"Is that an electric guitar?" UiSeng wonders at the set up.
"Did you write that song," I ask the performer.
"No. I wish I wrote that song. That was written by Jason Mraz. He's from Mechanicsburg, Virginia."

Prompting me to google Jason "Moraz" stumbling onto his hit "I'm Yours," a veritable anthem to the on-the-road affair! Like the performer at DuClaws, I wish I had written that song... I have lived it! Reminiscent of aimless days wandering, where life is distilled to its basic elements. It is in this space that love rears up in its purest form. For a moment (3:41 minutes - the length of the song), I, re-live those moments.

I'm Yours

No comments: