Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 2, 2014. Wednesday.

We awoke very early and loaded the van Tim rented the day before. The entire cousin entourage arose at 5am to send us off! Coming off their own days long flight from halfway around the globe, their time was still waking.
With great excitement to begin our trip, we did not think much of breakfast, but grabbed whatever was left sitting in the refrigerator. Here is mine....
 Hours upon hours of cabin pressure. Boredom sets in...
 Son selfie.
Teen selfies.
 
We arrive at San Jose Airport! I was bumping to Tupac's "California" on the earbuds.
Yeah, mommy does not call a cab; not when there's $2 metro lite rail! It's opportunity and principle. Traveling on public transportation is not only cheaper, it invites an interaction with the city that is not to be had cocooned and isolated in your own cab. Anyway, so what about carrying our 40# bags. Aren't we supposed to be training??
When we arrived we had to stash our bags temporarily with Shameka and Rim since Frantz would not check in to the room until 8pm. I have a hard time with air travel. I'm convinced that I leave my soul behind when I travel against time and it takes a few hours or days before my spirit and my body reunite. I was barely conscious, so they took me out to Starbucks for a caffeine injection. Rim wanted food, so we sat at Johnny Rockets. Welcome to downtown San Jose!

No comments: